Friday, May 17, 2013

The sandbox

My sweet husband honored my one birthday request and built me a sandbox.  Yes, for me!  I may not be the one spending hours playing in it over the summer, but I will be the one spending hours sitting on the porch, making dinner, working in the yard, cleaning the house, or, if I'm lucky, reading a book while these little guys are entertained.


We got the plans for this sandbox from Ana White.  Pete got most of the wood cut at Lowe's after he bought it, since we don't have a fancy saw.  Then all he needed was a drill and screws.  The instructions were easy to follow and he was able to finish it in 3-5 hours.


The seats on either side have hinges and fold down to double as a cover.



I love how it turned out... simple design and super sturdy.  Now I just need to find a way to keep the sand from making its way into our house.

3 comments:

  1. This is such a wonderful idea! I've seen these online but they're around £100 (I think that's about $130). I know what you mean about life getting in the way but the desire to document- I could have written that myself!Following.Rx

    http://sandersonsmithstory.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe that Tyson made almost the exact same sandbox, with benches that fold into a lid and everything!, about a year ago too!! My boys have absolutely loved it too, such a fun addition to the backyard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool- I just had to pin it :) our sandbox is bigger than necessary right now and I don't know how we keep finding kitty poop in there, but we do. This is perfect for our next place!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...